Through the Reports tab, teachers can access real-time reports 24/7 to view student and class writing performance, an analysis of enabled prompts, use of program features, and writing progress over time.
In the Performance section, teachers can view their class averages by trait and total scores, by writing genre, and for constructed responses.
- Click Class Averages: Trait and Total Scores to view the class's average scores for each writing trait, total score, and teacher-scored textual evidence and content accuracy categories.
- Click Class Averages: Writing Genre Scores to compare the class's average scores by genre.
- Scores are displayed in a bar chart and a sortable table. Click the student's name in the chart or table to view the average scores for a specific student.
- Click Student Averages: Constructed Response Scores to view the class's average scores for holistic/total scores, textual evidence, and content accuracy scores for constructed responses.
In the Prompts section, teachers can monitor how specific writing prompts are performing and being utilized within the class.
- Click Prompt Analysis to see a list of the enabled prompts for the class, the date of the most recent draft submission, how many essays and drafts have been written to the prompt, the average scores for each trait, and the average score for responses to the prompt.
- Click the prompt name to see the most recent drafts, scores for each trait, and total scores from the most recently submitted drafts.
- Click Constructed Response Prompt Analysis to see a list of Constructed Response prompts with student responses, the date of the most recent draft submission, how many responses and drafts have been written to the prompt, and the average score for responses to the prompt.
- Click the prompt name to see the most recent drafts, scores for each trait, and their total score from their most recent submitted draft.
- Click on Print and choose between Class Scores or Class Essays.
- Class Scores will print a list of students who responded to the selected prompt and each student’s scores for the most recent draft written to the selected prompt. Use the drop-down menu to view the results for a different prompt.
- Class Essays will print just the essay without the scoring data. Use the drop-down menu to view the results for a different prompt.
- The Download option will allow you to download an Excel spreadsheet that contains prompt usage data.
- Reports can also be printed as a .pdf by printing them from your browser. Just change the destination to save or print as a pdf. and click print.
In the Usage section, teachers can determine how much the students are using the program.
- Click Summary for a quick view on the number of essays and drafts, the average drafts per essay, the number of peer reviews given and received, time spent on tutorials, number of constructed responses and drafts submitted, and the average number of drafts per constructed response for the class.
- Click Essays to see a bar graph and sortable table displaying the number of essays and drafts submitted in the class, and the average number of drafts submitted per essay for the class. Click the student's name in the graph or in the table to access an individual student's essay and draft submissions.
- Click Peer Reviews to access all peer reviews given and received by members of the class. Click the date in the table to read and edit a peer review.
- Click Lesson Usage to view a graph and table displaying the class's most recent date of use and the total time spent using the lessons within each category. In the table, click on the category title to view the dates of use and time spent on specific lessons within each area. Drill down further in the table by clicking on the lesson title to view students who spent time on this lesson.
- Click Constructed Responses to view a sortable table and graph displaying the number of constructed responses and drafts submitted in the class, and the average number of drafts submitted per student in the class. Click the student's name in the table or graph to access an individual student's essay and draft submissions.
In the Progress section, teachers can monitor class progress by month and across three years.
- Click Average Monthly Scores to view the average total score for a specific class over 12 months.
- Click the student's name to view the monthly scores for a specific student.
- Student Average Score Report
- Scroll down to view a line graph displaying the class progress over three years.
- Click one or more years in the legend above the graph to remove or add a year to the graph.